Medicine isn’t the Only Cure for Healing

In America usually our first reaction for when we have a sickness, a condition, or a problem is to go to the doctor and get a prescription. Doctors have come up with a medication for almost everything. Is it really needed? There are other answers. There are many other cures besides medicine. People say, having animal companions, praying, hypnosis, and hundreds of different kinds of therapy can help.

Having an animal or animals may help things like depression, loneliness, having a friend, or getting through a tough time. In fact, there are facilities that heal and rehabilitate abused farm animals and invites visitors with emotional and physical challenges to interact with them. It’s no surprise that in our society today it’s hard for many children and teenagers to fit-in in the social world or school. Many kids and teens may also have problems at home. Just simply having a cat or dog may increase their happiness, give them a friend, give them someone to talk to, and comfort them.

Some would say prayer plays a helping role in healing, some would disagree. You don’t have to be Christian or even very religious to pray. Over 31,000 adults, 43% had prayed for their own health, 24% were prayed for by others, and 10% had prayed as part of a group on behalf of others, according to a recent CDC survey. The National Institutes of Health has sponsored at least 3.1 million dollars in research to study prayer’s effect over the past few years on heart disease, cancer, and AIDS, and other conditions.

Hypnotherapy is the treatment of putting someone in a deeper relaxed state of mind. Hypnosis isn’t what Hollywood portrays it to be. It can help many things like phobias, fears, bad habits, problems like to stop smoking, weight management, pain management, and many other things. My mom is a hypnotherapist and she’s helped many people, including me. I used to have a bad habit of biting my nails and I don’t anymore.

There are hundreds of other kinds of therapies that can also help. Have you ever heard of sound therapy or magnetic field therapy? There are so many that may help what your problem is if you just research. Some other ones are acupuncture and acupressure, biofeedback, chiropractic, hydrotherapy, light therapy, meditation, oxygen therapy, qi gong, Tai Chi Chuan, yoga, aromatherapy, cell therapy, colon therapy, detoxification, energy medicine, enzyme therapy, homeopathy, kinesiology, neural therapy, and herbal medicines. These can help with things like cancer and acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS) to chronic pain and fatigue, stress, insomnia, high blood pressure, depression, circulatory and digestive disorders, arthritis, allergies, diabetes mellitus, and drug and alcohol addictions. Instead of messing with your body, you may want to research first if there’s anything healthier, helpful, or just a better alternative route.

Have you heard of any other therapy’s that are helpful?

Do you know of any other methods of healing besides praying, animals, hypnosis, and therapies?

Do you think these things would be more commonly used if more people knew about them?

4 thoughts on “Medicine isn’t the Only Cure for Healing

1. This blog is very resourceful and should be available to the public. I appreciated the facts with each modality listed because that helps skeptics to get past their fears of trying new therapies. With the direction healthcare is headed, I believe these alternative methods will become even more popluar. To answer your questions, you included a wide variety of therapies. A couple more include time-line therapy, Emotional Freedom Technique (emofree.com) and touch therapy. Yes, more people would turn to alternative methods of therapy if the information was more accessible. Great blog!

2. the question i am going to answer is “have you heard of any other therapy’s that are helpful?”
    I have heard that for some people go tanning to help their migranes. it probably isn’t the best therapy but it might be better than taking a bunch of medication to make the migrane go away. Also i have heard people go to the chyropracter to put their back back in place instead of taking pain medication.

3. This blog is very resourceful and should be avaiable to the public. I appreciated the facts with each modality listed because that helps skeptics get past their fears. With healthcare the direction it is headed I believe these alternative methods will become more popular. Great blog!