Legalization of Marijuana

The legalization of marijuana is a big topic being discussed. Should it be legal or shouldn’t it?  Well everyone is entitled to their own opinion.  There are some facts that might make you think differently.

Marijuana is a plant with psychoactive chemical, tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) in its leaves buds and flowers.  Marijuana is the most commonly used illicit drug.  Marijuana is proven to be less dangerous than alcohol or tobacco.  Alcohol is commonly known to make people act unlike themselves.  Also, it’s known to contribute to traffic fatalities by driving under the influence, or even over-dosing.  Tobacco is known to cause cancer of the lungs and throat and spread throughout the body.

Marijuana has had no reports of over-dosing or any murder/deaths with marijuana related issues.  The side effects of marijuana in its purity are sleepiness and fatigue along with increased appetite.  When other drugs are mixed with marijuana is when things go bad.  Marijuana has also been used in many places all over the world to treat cancer.

More than 800,000 people are arrested for marijuana each year.  Mainly for simple possession.  Marijuana arrests claim more than half of drug arrests.  Drunk driving arrests happen less often then marijuana arrests, even though the people arrested for marijuana just simply were in possession, they weren’t breaking any other laws then that.

So, go with whichever side you want, but just know there are many misconceptions about marijuana.  It’s far less harmful then alcohol or tobacco and is the least harmful drug out there.  If anything should be illegal, based on the statistics, alcohol or tobacco should be illegal over marijuana.

What is your opinion on marijuana in general?

Do you think it should be legal?

Have you had a loved one die due to drunk driving?

2 thoughts on “Legalization of Marijuana

1. To be honest in my opinion marijuana is more likey dangerous than drink or smoking Tobacco and i agree with you on that, But what if it was legalized would it make any difference than, then it is now?… I mean we already see people smoking marijuana now and you harly see people do anything about it so legalizing or illegalizing would do no different or cause a huge turn around. Making alcohol illegal will just be the “leagalizing marijuana” situation all over again but alcohol this time, and i dont really have a big problem with either thing but the ones who lost love ones in the use of these drugs will say something different then me, because everyone has different a opinion a reason why it should be legalized.
    http://www.drugpolicy.org/medical-marijuana

2. My general opinion on marijuana is that if it works why not use it as long as it’s in a positive way. I also, think it should be legal but as a medical use and recreational for those of proper age. Thirdly, I haven’t lost anyone to drunk driving. But I do agree very strongly with the fact that marijuana should be legal in certain circumstances. I strongly agree with this post due to the further research I did for my blog and the information I had found from a web site that talked about the legalization of marijuana for both recreational and medical use. http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2013/02/pot-legalization-goes-federal/