Lucid Dreaming: The Control of Your Dreams

132_1287042-TLucid dreaming used to be a very controversial topic among people in the 60’s, 70’s, and the 80’s. In a lot of cases its helped people remember their dreams and learn to control them. Some people have figured out how to do this by themselves, but if you haven’t, there are a lot of techniques that will enable you to do this. All you need is a little information and some practice and you’ll be able to do this no problem.

The word “lucid” means clear. But there is a difference between lucidity and dream control. Even though you can’t have control of your dreams without being lucid. Most people who dream lucidly usually aren’t able to control their dreams without practice. Sometimes people control their dreams without realizing it’s a dream. Usually the person will just think that he or she has god-like power over everything. People will from time to time be able to dream lucidly naturally. They even have historic records of people dreaming lucidly for thousands of years. So this is hardly a new discovery,

The first step to all of this is knowing when you’re. Most beginners want to achieve this so that they are able to do things that they would never be able to do reality. Some experts at lucid dreaming try and find the boundaries of lucid dreaming. The best way to become aware during your dreams is to pay attention to feelings, sounds, and to details. These will all give you clues that you’re dreaming, because you’ll find things that are out of place. To make this easier in your dreams, you should try and make this a habit while you are awake. If you make a habit of doing things like counting your fingers or checking the time when awake, you’ll do it naturally when you are dreaming. After doing this, you should be more aware of the fact that you are dreaming

You should also practice being able to remember your dreams. First, you should know that you sleep in 90 minute sleep cycles where you go through many different stages. At the end of these cycles, you have the stage of Rapid Eye Movement, or REM. This is where you dream for the most part. To help practice, you can set alarms to wake you up at the end of this 90 minute interval, during REM. This will wake you up during your dream, making it easier to remember. Or you could keep a dream journal. If you write down your dreams when you wake up in the journal, it has been known to help dream recall.

Often times when you are able to start controlling your dreams, you should plan your dreams before you sleep. It helps you push the limits of your imagination and come up with new ideas for dreams. Some lucid dreamers have eaten fire or flown to the sun in their dreams. Another way to speed up the process is to carry over some consciousness. First, you must pick a night where you are extremely tired, to the point where you feel like you’ll fall asleep when you hit the bed. Don’t fall sleep though. You should lie on your back with your arms at your side and try and keep your eyes open for as long as you can. Don’t jerk your eyes open; because you’re not trying to stay awake, you’re just trying to keep your eyes open. You will fall asleep eventually without realizing. This will help you to go lucid.

There haven’t been any side effects to this. No one has ever confused their dreams with reality because they know when they are dreaming. It even makes you a more enlightened person. People have even known to use this for therapy. Writers have gotten past writer’s block through their dreams. Some people wonder if it makes you tired, like you don’t rest as well when you are lucid dreaming. Well, it may for some people, but it shouldn’t, seeing as how you can change your nightmares into something more positive. It has helped people face their fears and even get over tragedies in their lives. You can live out your dreams through your dreams.

There is a lot to lucid dreaming. And if you feel like this is something that you’d like to research more or even learn how to do, I’d say go for it. I mean, why should the fun stop just because your dreaming? Because it doesn’t have too.

How long must you wait to start lucid dreaming regularly?

What are some things you can do while lucid dreaming?

Is mutual dreaming possible?

1 thought on “Lucid Dreaming: The Control of Your Dreams

1. Wow! This was a really cool blog post! I never knew that you could control your dreams. That is crazy! I do have to say I have “dreamed” of having control of my dreams. I didn’t think it could actually, harmlessly, be done. It is also crazy that lucid dreaming makes you more intelligent, I thought it would make you crazy because you forget if your dreaming or not. This website helped me with some other questions I had: http://www.lucidity.com/LucidDreamingFAQ2.html#OBE

I hope one day I can successfully have a lucid dream! I think that would be really cool!