If Alzheimers lead to Depression

Researches have searched that depression may lead to Alzheimer’s disease. Alzheimer’s is a disease to cause memory loss. Alzheimer’s is caused by protein plaques that are built up by nerve cells around the brain. They think that Alzheimer’s and depression may be linked together. Two studies in July 6th said that depression is separated for Alzheimer’s but depression can build up dementia by 50 percent.

Treatments for Alzheimer’s have failed. They have not found a cure for the disease either. They think that stress may have something to deal with Alzheimer’s. Scientists think that depression may cause a neurodegenerative disease. There was a scientist named Alios he found something called presenile dementia doctors have continued researching on it and discovered it runs through families. In the early 90’s a researcher at Duke Medical School discovered a link to Alzheimer’s disease.  They took DNA from circulating lymphoblast’s they found a gene in chromosome 19 in Alzheimer’s.

There are 44 universities researching on Alzheimer’s. There have been four genes that are linked with Alzheimer’s.
Each gene is common to lead to dementia. They have not found a drug to cure Alzheimer’s but, there are treatments for it. Alzheimer’s is causing complete memory loss and destroying large parts of the brain.

Being alone or not married or remarry can lead to dementia and Alzheimer’s disease. Being widowhood can double the risk of dementia. There are about 5.4 million Americans have Alzheimer’s disease already. The plaques in the brain seem to play a role in killing brain cells in Alzheimer’s.  People at National Institutes of Health have researched how life experiences and other life stressors play a role that may lead to Alzheimer’s and dementia. In the late 1800’s and early 1900’s they took data people are married and not married. People who are widowhood have a higher chance of getting dementia later.

Do you think that dementia can lead to Alzheimer’s disease?

In the future are there gonna be more people with Alzheimers disease?

What could scientists do to help with maintaining Alzheimer’s?

1 thought on “If Alzheimers lead to Depression

1. There were some errors on your blog. Like some sentences should be linked together, but over all, this was an intresting topic. It was an intresting topic that I didn’t know much about, so I did a little research on the questions that you asked. I found out that alziheimers disease cause 50%-60% of all dementia. I think this information can anwser you 2nd question. If 5.4 million americans have alzheimers already and if 5%-8% of peo-ple over 65 have alzheimers, andwith the population growing, I do expect to see more people with alzheimers in the future. I do think that scientists should take the matter more seriously.